Apr 27, 2012

Sandy's Meatloaf

I've made this recipe over and over again, and always gotten rave reviews. It was actually given to me by a friends mom, when she made a newlywed cookbook for a bridal shower of mine. I guess it was tried and true ;) I've altered it just a bit over the years...

1 lb hamburger (I've been using ground turkey, which is just as good!)
2 eggs
3/4 C bread crumbs or dry oats (Italian bread crumbs are extra delish)
1/2 C ketchup (overflowing)
1/4 C warm water
1 package dry Lipton onion soup mix

Mix all the above ingredients. Form into a loaf shape. Bake in a loaf pan one hour at 350*. Or, you can bake it in a larger pan and add sliced peeled potatoes and carrots around the uncooked meatloaf. Bake both for the same amount of time.

This recipe can be doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment