Dec 14, 2011

Teacher gifts

Have I mentioned my love affair with Pinterest? The ideas are never-ending... which could overwhelm me, but I choose to let it inspire me instead! And, on my new budget, I need all the inspiration I can get!

I am SO thankful for The Girl's preschool teachers. If I could give them each a whopping gift card, or a shopping spree, or a case of wine, I would. However, I cannot. I can't afford the cute thermal lunch totes that last years teachers got.

But I can craft. And craft I did.

Start with some frames, some crayons and a print out with the teacher's name and first letter of last name (the 8.5 x 11 was printed in font size 500!).

Employ the help of your spouse, who is probably sitting there asking you what on earth you're doing. Peel the wrappers off the crayons (or not, but I did because I was using a variety of "misfits.") Cut the crayons in 1/3 or 1/4, depending on the size of letter you're working with!

Grab your hot glue gun and start sticking the crayons down. I used no methodology here.


Finally, put the paper in first, then back it with the glass, and then the back of the frame.

Quick, simple, almost free. Pinterest saves the day again!

No comments:

Post a Comment