Another Pinterest winner! Our Roommate has a chicken allergy, so we substituted black beans for the chicken.
10 soft taco shells
2 C cooked, shredded chicken (**or 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed)
2 C shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 C chicken broth
1 C sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Mix chicken (**or black beans if substituting) and 1 C cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to a boil- just heat through.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.