Jan 13, 2012

The clues, or whatever they are...

My husband has me in a torture chamber. He tells me he's giving me "clues" for our getaway, but they're just confusing me and making me angry. (Okay, that this-is-sort-of-fun/how-can-google-help-me-figure-this-out angry, but I digress.)

So, I thought I'd share them with you incase you have any ideas...

Jan 8: On the road again (Dang, not going to Colorado!)
Jan 9: Head West, but you won't need your cowgirl clothes (Chicago?)
Jan 10: The epitome of relaxation, but you'll still need your walking shoes (A spa in Chicago?)
Jan 11: A long road trip or a short one? Hmm... depends. (This is where I start getting ticked! Depends on what? The weather? Traffic?)
Jan 12: Toenails, fingernails, whole body? You choose. (Ooo- la-la. Nothing really matters beyond this clue. It involves some sort of pampering. For all I care, we could go to Romney, IN. Just give me the terry-cloth robe, aromatherapy scents, and some of that meditation music...)
Jan. 13: You don't normally like to do this, but perhaps this weekend's circumstances will change your mind. (I like to think I'm a pretty easy going gal, and enjoy most everything. There's really only one thing that I'm openly unhappy about doing... shopping. Hmmm...)
Jan. 14: An appreciation for lines and angles... from the water. (This one was a stumper at first, but I think I'm on to him now. This HAS to be referring to the Architectural Boat Tour in Chicago... something we've always wanted to do!)
Jan. 15: Dinner's a repeat-- but you asked for it. (OH LORD HAVE MERCY! I think we're going to my ALL TIME FAVORITE restaurant in Chicago... Chicago Q Restaurant. Hold on while I wipe the drool off my face...)

and more...

Jan. 16: Just the two of us, building castles in the sky (Well obviously the kids won't be there, but what castles is he referring to? Sky scrapers?)
Jan 17: Brass Band (Ten hours later, I GOT IT! Chicago! Our favorite brass band, ever!)
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! Can't wait to see how the whole adventure comes together.

    ReplyDelete